Friday, February 20, 2015

Keith Haring inspired mural

I'm pretty good at coming up with big projects, and then taking awhile to present them to the world. Last year's 6th graders made a mural based on the awesomely fun art of Keith Haring, with each student designing their own moving 'cookie cutter man.' We got the board ready, got them glued on, I clear coated...and then work came to a grinding halt. We needed a quote. The kids and I searched, but couldn't find the perfect one. So, it sat. We presented what we had completed at the end-of-year school awards ceremony, and I continued the search for the perfect quote.  I finally found it-8 months later. Our quote comes from the book, The Crayon Box that Talked, by Shane Derolf.  I showed it to our current group of 6th graders, and they think it's perfect (and well worth the wait).




No comments:

Post a Comment