Saturday, February 28, 2015

Youth Art Exhibit 2015-Prairie Crossing work

Most every year, I have the opportunity to take artwork made by my students to the Tippecanoe Arts Federation for a two-month long exhibit.  Of my 500+ Prairie Crossing students, I get to honor 12 by taking their artwork to this exhibit.  Below are this years lucky participants.

Kindergarten, Wayne Thiebaud inspired



1st grade, Futuristic House


1st grade, There's a Nightmare in My Closet Nightmare


2nd grade, based on Snowmen at Night


3rd grade, inspired by Van Gogh's Starry Night


3rd grade Ojos de Dios (Eyes of God)


4th grade, inspired by Keith Haring's 'Cookie Cutter Men'


5th grade Pueblo pottery (left pot)


5th grade, Pop Art Onomatopoeia, inspired by Roy Lichtenstein


6th grade, inspired by Magritte's False Mirror


6th grade, Design a Lego Man


6th grade, George Ohr inspired mug


A lot of the kids made it for opening night, and I hope the rest make it in before it's over (April 3rd).




















No comments:

Post a Comment